New member from Western Pennsylvania

Please visit and read our welcome section
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.
Signguy Gary

New member from Western Pennsylvania

Postby Signguy Gary » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:55 pm

I've been shooting for my whole life or at least as long as I can remember. I'm 47 years old and for the last 14 years, I've been limited to small caliber firearms because of cancer in my jaw ( not tobacco related ). I had to have most of my lower jaw removed and my Dr. Told me to limit my firearms to a maximum of a .243 or a 20 gauge shotgun.

I started my small caliber collection like most people with a .22 Marlin 25. Right before the tumor was found a long time friend and .220 swift guru Vince Dougherty talked me into purchasing a Ruger Model 77 Mark II .220 Swift, since then I purchased a Savage Trophy Preditor 22-250, Stag Upper, PSA Lower 5.56 / .223 AR, then in the last week I've added a Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 Nato and a Savage 93R17 BTVSS 17HMR. I also started reloading about a year ago .

I shoot target, and hunt pretty much everything I can. I hope to learn a lot from this forum & eventually be able to help some people

Thanks

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Re: New member from Western Pennsylvania

Postby CRT » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum! There are plenty of great guys with a lot of experience here so feel free to ask questions any time. Looks like you are off to a good start with the collection of rifles you have, hopefully we can convince you to try out a 17 or 20 Caliber cartridge. :D
We look forward to having you around.

Brad

L.Sherm
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby L.Sherm » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Brad pretty much summed it up, heck you may even teach a few of us "ole" dogs here a thing or two ;) WELCOME to the SCC!

Signguy Gary

Postby Signguy Gary » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm embarrassed I completely forgot my newest ground hog gun that I got right at the end of the summer. And have only gotten out once with. I bought a CZ527 Varmint chambered in .204 Ruger but I've only gotten 1 load worked up for it and it was with Barnes 26gr.Varmint grenades, this winter I want to get a load worked up for 32 & 40 gr Hornady Vmax.

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Welcome Gary! There's a great bunch of guys here on this forum and we are glad you joined SCC.

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Return to “Welcome to the SCC: New Forum Member Introduction”