New Member from SC

Please visit and read our welcome section
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.
17VLD

Re: New Member from SC

Postby 17VLD » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 am

Great,the Bobcat is a neat case.Did Kevin Weaver build it?Kevin is about 45 minutes from me and an awesome guy.He made me a 17Bobcat that is very accurate.The 20 VarTarg is a great one and I’m sure you will love it as well.
Matt

gasph

Postby gasph » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Matt,
Sorry for the delay in responding I have not logged in here for a while. I did not originally buy the rifle from Kevin Weaver but I did have to send him the gun to get the chamber neck recut and to purchase a set of dies when the original ones that were sold with the gun got lost by the USPS while in transit. I will attest he did a fine job and got me fixed up and the rifle is a tack driver and I can actually reload for it now. He was top notch to deal with and turned it around very quickly for me.
Thanks,
Steve

17VLD

Postby 17VLD » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 am

No worries Steve,I try to check this site regularly but sometimes I miss stuff too.
Glad to hear Kevin did a good job for you,I am pretty sure he has a very large satisfied customer base including a lot of Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation people.A guy at work has bought a home on lake Hartwell,seems South Carolina is the place to be,he and I talked a bit about the local gun shops and all the nice places to eat Bar-b-que ;)
Looking forward to shooting my 20 VT’s at some pd’s in June hopefully soon here.
Steve what varmints do you get after?I bet there are plenty of crows to bust,I have seen woodchucks in Seneca,kinda surprised me a bit as I thought SC was to far south for the ‘chucks.
Matt

Triggerfingers

Postby Triggerfingers » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Hello and welcome to another fellow South Carolinian. You will love the 20 VT... just got done building one and it is the best fun shooting rifle to have.

17VLD

Postby 17VLD » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Welcome Triggerfingers,glad to see more shooters from SC.
You are right about the 20VT,they are so much fun to shoot all out of proportion to their size.
Matt

Return to “Welcome to the SCC: New Forum Member Introduction”