Pierce Action Group Buy

Custom Bolt Actions and Accessories
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Re: Pierce Action Group Buy

Postby CRT » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:59 am

Gentlemen,
We are down to 48 hours remaining on the Pierce action group buy. Friday evening i will be compiling the list and passing it on to Pierce. If you would like to get in on the group buy please place your order by sending me a PM .

Thanks,
Brad

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 pm

The list has been compiled, if there are any last minute requests please let me know before the end of the day. I will be forwarding the list to Jim at Pierce Engineering tomorrow. Each person that placed an action order will need to call Jim at Pierce engineering in the next 10 days. When you call please confirm your color combinations as well as any additional items you may need (bottom metal, rings, rails, etc.) Each person will be required to make a $200 deposit per action, although you are welcome to pay if full if you prefer. Here is the phone number for Jim at Pierce: (517) 321-5051

***Note: Only the people on the list i am submitting will be allowed to purchase actions on this group buy, if your name isn't on the list Pierce won't extend this offer to you.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Brad

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:23 pm

I apologize to anyone that has tried to call pierce today to pay for their action order. I got busy this morning and have not had the time to send the list yet. I will make sure the list is there by the end of the day on Tuesday. Everyone should be able to call and make payment starting on wednesday or up to 10 days after.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:04 pm

The list was emailed tuesday to Jim at Pierce Engineering. All members involved in the group buy need to contact Jim at Pierce by no later than February 14th to pay the deposit. Please pm me if you have any questions.

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Brad, Just curious as to what the final tally was on the Pierce action group buy. Thanks, Hog

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:45 pm

There were a total of 8 actions purchased thru the group buy, i thought that was good considering the time of year. When i originally spoke with Pierce i told them we would probably have somewhere between 6-12 actions. I look forward to offering this group buy again later this year if Pierce will allow it. I will know more toward the end of summer.

Brad

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Are they done yet? :lol: I'm trapped in a vortex and a .26 Nosler is at the bottom of it. :shock:

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:55 am

Just a heads up, maybe others knew but I didn't. the Pierce actions are 18 TPI, not 16 TPI like the Remingtons. I was going to use a 6BR barrel off of a Remington action but will go with another option, either a new barrel or cut off the tenon & re-thread.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:47 am

Sounds like Pierce has finished up the actions from our group buy and contacted everyone that placed an order. For those of you that purchased one please post up some details, photo's, and your thoughts once your action arrives.

Thanks,
Brad

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Picked up my Pierce action today. Looks like a well machined piece. I know I can measure everything but still need to contact them and request a blueprint to make things a bit easier when machining and chambering the barrel.

Pros: Nice finish, smooth, side bolt release, claw extractor, pinned recoil lug & receiver, all pins supplied, price, finished as requested.

Cons: No blueprint, no model name or number designation stamped (not a problem unless you decide to take it out of the U.S.)

Overall I am satisfied with the way the group buy went and would like to extend my thanks to Brad/CRT for ramrodding this endeavor. Next year, I'm sure the springbok on the Great Karoo at 1000 yds. will not share the same enthusiasm. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Pierce Engineering”