Pierce Action Group Buy

Custom Bolt Actions and Accessories
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Re: Pierce Action Group Buy

Postby CRT » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:22 pm

NOTICE: 24 days remaining on the Pierce Action group buy. Anyone interested can pm me or post up. The cutoff date is January 31st with No Exceptions. On February 1st we will compile the list and send it to the guys at Pierce. From that point each person on the list has until Febrary 8th to get a deposit sent to Pierce Engineering for $200 to get their build started. The remainder of the balance will be due on completion of the action. Feel free to post up or PM me with any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Brad

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:05 pm

7 days remaining on the Pierce Action group buy. The cutoff time is 9 eastern on 1/31/14. On Feb 1st i will compile the list and submit it to the nice folks at Pierce Engineering. Based on current commitments we have approximately 10 actions on the group buy. Anyone else interested in getting in on this please PM me or post up.

Thanks,
Brad

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:13 am

Where should we post our requests ? Are the orders going to be PM'd only or do we need to post on this thread exactly what we want? I'm torn between my natural tendency for secrecy and making Waskawood jealous since the 2014 models are SO much superior to the 2013 models....what to do?? :mrgreen:
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Waskawood

Postby Waskawood » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:40 am

RedMist wrote:Where should we post our requests ? Are the orders going to be PM'd only or do we need to post on this thread exactly what we want? I'm torn between my natural tendency for secrecy and making Waskawood jealous since the 2014 models are SO much superior to the 2013 models....what to do?? :mrgreen:

Anything to make ya happy, happy, happy. Sure wish I hadn't retired so I could have got another!!!! :cry:
Waska
My fishing spots are so secretive that even the fish can't find them.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Waska,

It's never to late to become a Super Pilot like old Misty, that's where the big money is at. :P

Waskawood

Postby Waskawood » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:46 pm

CRT wrote:Waska,

It's never to late to become a Super Pilot like old Misty, that's where the big money is at. :P

I hate to say it Brad but aviation was my first love. Had my private before graduating from high school and my A&P mechanics license a year later. The Vietnam war got over at that time so all the war Veterans had all the experience and landed all the good jobs. I struggled with a FBO for a while before going corporate but the Carter grain embargo killed general aviation in the late 70's so I started climbing highline poles instead. I look at Misty and the good life he leads and kick myself everyday!! :lol:
Last edited by Waskawood on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waska

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 pm

I heard Orville signed Waskwood off for his solo....

I look at Misty and think of the good life you think he leads and I kick myself too..
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Waskawood

Postby Waskawood » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:22 am

RedMist wrote:I heard Orville signed Waskwood off for his solo....

Close!!! I soloed in a cotton fabric covered Piper Colt. It had a state of the art VHT-3 radio that was tuned like the old analog radios. It was dubbed the coffee grinder because of the crank used to tune it. I remember one windy day the instructor showed me that you can fly an airplane backwards!!! Now back to the group buy. An awesome action at an awesome price.
Waska

Gary in Illinois

Postby Gary in Illinois » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Question for anyone who has a Pierce action - How do they compare with a Bat for precision and smoothness. My only experience with a custom action is with one Bat and one Rampro and I am really impressed with the fit, quality and smoothness of the Bat. The Rampro, not so much. Just curious as to how the Pierce compares.

Thanks,
Good shooting!

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Sorry I can't help you Gary. I only have one true custom, a Kelbly, which is very nice. The good thing about this group buy is, at the price point we are getting the actions, you can't hardly get hurt. Peirce's resell very well , like most customs. You know as well as I do of course, but from watching the classifieds on many different forums, custom actions rarely loose more than 15% of their retail price, even if they have a few years age on them.

Return to “Pierce Engineering”