New Forum Contest: Winner gets 500 - 39 Sierra Blitzking Bullets

All Forum news, Contests, Group Buys, and changes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.
dsandfort

Re: New Forum Contest: Winner gets 500 - 39 Sierra Blitzking Bullets

Postby dsandfort » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:29 pm

Entered. Full disclosure. My wife actually shot this group last week during our first trip to Ben Avery. We were a little intimidated and nervous (no need) being newbies. If I need to shoot my own, I will, but I didn't want to embarrass myself. She routinely out shoots me. Besides, it's a nice group shot on duct taped sand bags and a rolled up sweatshirt.

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
BillK20SCC
5 Gold Star Level Site Supporter 2016

Postby BillK20SCC » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:36 am

Now that is very nice, that the wife is your shooting partner. Mine used to shoot quit often, but not anymore, but will still come along with me on various outings and shoots. Glad you/she are in the running for those Sierra 39 grain bullets. :lol: Bill K :)

L.Sherm
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby L.Sherm » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Wow nice you got a little " Annie Oakley " there :D

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:30 pm

She is a good shot, don't make her mad! :lol: You are officially entered into the contest, thank you for participating.

dsandfort wrote:Entered. Full disclosure. My wife actually shot this group last week during our first trip to Ben Avery. We were a little intimidated and nervous (no need) being newbies. If I need to shoot my own, I will, but I didn't want to embarrass myself. She routinely out shoots me. Besides, it's a nice group shot on duct taped sand bags and a rolled up sweatshirt.

rimfiremike

Postby rimfiremike » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:08 am

... finally got a short break between snow storms to see what the 'new to me' Savage LRPV in .204 Ruger would do for a five shot group:

unnamed-3.jpg

Surprise... it shoots the 39 grain SBK pretty well for just grabbing some handloads for a different gun from a couple years ago that I used to sight in a scope on this new rifle. These were loaded with CFE223, so it is great that I can add another gun to the growing list that likes this powder!

I had been planning to spin a new barrel on this gun to replace the factory .204 Ruger barrel, but if testing shows it will consistently do this well, I may have to rethink that...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BillK20SCC

Postby BillK20SCC » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:25 am

Nice group Mike.. Those Sierra's are doing just fine. With shooting like that, I would just stick to that barrel, for now, and down the road, when it begins to spread/change, then go with a x-caliber or another brand of barrel. :D Bill K :)

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Thanks to everyone that has submitted a target picture so far. This is the last week for our Sierra 39 grain blitzking contest. Please make sure all submissions are completed before December 31st at 10:pm Eastern time. The winner will be announced on January 1st 2016. :D

BillK20SCC

Postby BillK20SCC » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you again Brad and Sierra for this fine offer and chance.. Someone will be happy, with those bullets Jan 1,2016 to start the new year off. :D Bill K :)

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:29 pm

I had an entry emailed to me this evening by arfinok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

arfinok

Postby arfinok » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:45 pm

CRT wrote:I had an entry emailed to me this evening by arfinok.

Brad,
Thanks for posting photo for me. I shot this 100 yard group this summer while working up loads for my 'new to me' 20Tac AR15 upper that I purchased from another forum member. I was using necked down LC 5.56 brass and CCI 41 primers. Really like the 39gr Sierra BKs. They have their own distinctive 'ker-whoop' sound when connecting with the prairie dogs I shot later in September. This load turned out to be max in my rifle, so if you want to use it, start out lower and work up slowly. YMMV
arfinok

Return to “Forum News, Contests, & Group Buys”