New Forum Contest: Winner gets 500 - 39 Sierra Blitzking Bullets

All Forum news, Contests, Group Buys, and changes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

New Forum Contest: Winner gets 500 - 39 Sierra Blitzking Bullets

Postby CRT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:51 pm

To celebrate our newest Forum Sponsor Sierra Bullets coming on board we decided to have another forum contest. This one will be easy and anybody with a 20 caliber rifle shooting 39 grain sierra blitzking bullets will qualify to enter. The contest is simple, post up a picture of your best 5 shot group fired with the 39 grain Sierra Blitzking bullets and you are officially entered. This can be a new target that you shoot for this contest or a target that you have from the past. We are doing this on the honor system so please make sure that the target picture you submit was in fact shot with the 39 Sierra Blitzking bullets. The contest will be open today thru December 31st 2015. All the applicants that submit a photo will be entered into a drawing at the end of the contest, we will randomly pick one name out of a hat and award a 500 count box of the 39 grain Sierra Blitzking bullets. :D

***BONUS****: The first person to post their entry picture gets 2 entries into the drawing for the bullets

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Re: New Forum Contest: Winner gets 500 - 39 Sierra Blitzking Bullets

Postby CRT » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:35 pm

wow i am kinda surprised nobody jumped on this yet. For anyone that isn't aware a 500 count box of 39 Grain Sierra Blitzking bullets sells for $110 last i checked. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Bill K emailed this pic to me and asked that i post it up for him.

Bill stated in his email: "Five shot, Savage with X-caliber barrel. 3 groove 1/11 twist, in 204 Ruger. .462, 100 yards.. Sierra BlitzKing 39 Grain. At least I will be in for the drawing, I believe anyway. Thank You. Bill K ( These are one inch dots, that I use) ( By the way their 32 grainers work just as well ) But do like the heavier one’s for the coyote’s."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BillK20SCC
5 Gold Star Level Site Supporter 2016

Postby BillK20SCC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:24 am

CRT wrote:wow i am kinda surprised nobody jumped on this yet. For anyone that isn't aware a 500 count box of 39 Grain Sierra Blitzking bullets sells for $110 last i checked. :o

I realize there is plenty of time to enter, but I thought more would be posting..by now. Maybe busy and just have not been able to get out and fire up a few rounds. Looking forward to other's putting up their target/groups, as I know many shoot the Sierra bullet and have good results with the 39 grain bullet compared to some that try other 40 grainer's. Come on guys let's see some of those groups. :D Bill K :)

Silverfox
Double Silver Star Level Site Supporter
Double Silver Star Level Site Supporter

Postby Silverfox » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:14 am

I want to say a special "THANK YOU" to Sierra Bullets for becoming a sponsor of this Board and for the Small Caliber Club Board for putting on this contest. Here's my entry.

The target below was shot at 100 yards off the tailgate of my pickup. I used my Harris 9-13" swivel bipod with notched legs for the front rest and a rabbit-ear sandbag for the rear rest. The rifle is built on a Savage Target action right bolt/left port in .204 Ruger caliber with a 26" stainless steel Lilja 1 in 12 twist three-groove #6 contour barrel. The stock I used is an H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000. There is a factory refurbished Nikon Monarch 6-24x50mm side focus scope on this rifle, sitting in Burris Signature Zee rings of medium height fastened to an EGW Picatinny scope rail. The barrel is fluted and I had Sharp Shooter Supply time and true the action. I have the barrel threaded for my GEMTECH TREK-Ti suppressor.

I'm using neck turned Nosler brass and my 39 gr. Sierra BlitzKing bullets are coated with hBN. The load I'm using is 27.2 gr. of IMR 8208 XBR fired up by Remington 7½ primers. The bullets are seated .004" off the lands.

Here is a photo of the rifle in action last Friday.

pdwrecker

Postby pdwrecker » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:45 am

While this group is not as good as the ones already posted, it does serve to enter me in the contest.
This group at 100yds. (bottom left) is the FIRST five shots that I shot in the new 20 Nitro when we started the load development.

BillK20SCC

Postby BillK20SCC » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Nothing wrong with that group :) And as you say, you are in for the draw.. Thanks to Brad and Sierra joining the site. Bill K :)

pdwrecker

Postby pdwrecker » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Not contest related but this is my 6.5 ( 7mm SAUM necked down to 6.5...1000 yard gun) which has a 200 yard zero....this group shot at 100 yards (above circle). About 1 MOA high at 100 yards.
I've only been reloading for 8 months...

Just shows what you can learn and the high value of friendships!!!

Be safe everyone!!

Ron

Duker
3 Gold Star Level Site Supporter
3 Gold Star Level Site Supporter

Postby Duker » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 am

I shot this target set yesterday with my 204R. The gun is one I put together a couple of years ago for PD's. It's a Savage model 11 action, CBI 26 inch varmint contour 1-11 twist chambered with their 204R Match reamer (short throat). Rifle Basix SAV-1 trigger set at 8 oz. Boyds Pro Varmint stock with action and pillars Devcon bedded. Scope is a Nikon 6X18 Buckmaster.

The load I had previously worked up for PD carnage is; R-P brass, Sierra 39 BK seated -.005 from touch, CCI 450 primers, 29.3 gr. of CFE 223 going 3930 fps.

Conditions were windy so I thew in the flags to work on my wind reading skills. The wind was gusting/blowing 5 to 15+ and switching from 3:00 to 5:00. As you can see there were no wall hanger groups shot but a good day of shooting none the less. Note target #5 where chose to not pay attention to the flags and shot the group as if it was a calm steady condition.

“Only accurate rifles are interesting.” Col. Townsend Whelen"

rimfiremike

Postby rimfiremike » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:52 am

Great to have Sierra bullets as a new forum sponsor!!

For my current two twenty cal rifles, there is no other bullet that consistently shoots tiny bug-hole groups as well as the 39gr Blitzking! ...love 'em!
... if I am testing other loads and things are not going well, I know that I can fire off a group of these 39gr SBK loads and instantly establish if it is the loads I am testing or just me having an off day.

I have many small groups shot with both my Savage 20 Practical AI (Green Mtn barrel) and 20 Vartarg (X-caliber barrel), but can only seem to find pictures of a few three-shot groups. So, if these groups don't count, and I have to go shoot some more 5-shot groups... oh well, there are worse things that could happen! :P

Thanks for putting on the contest CRT!

Return to “Forum News, Contests, & Group Buys”