New Forum Sponsor: Sierra Bullets

All Forum news, Contests, Group Buys, and changes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

New Forum Sponsor: Sierra Bullets

Postby CRT » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Effective today we have added Sierra Bullets as a forum sponsor! Sierra makes one of the all time best 20 caliber bullets on the market today: the 39 Blitzking. Keep up the good work Sierra, we appreciate your great bullets!

BillK20SCC
5 Gold Star Level Site Supporter 2016

Re: New Forum Sponsor: Sierra Bullets

Postby BillK20SCC » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Nice to see another fine company jumping into SCC. Bill K :)

L.Sherm
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby L.Sherm » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:16 am

Nice, very nice indeed.

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:53 pm

This is wonderful news! I've been using Sierra Bullets for decades in my 22-250. My absolute go to bullet for varmints!

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

BillK20SCC

Postby BillK20SCC » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Me too Eric. The father and son ( Jack Roberts -- Sportsman shop ) here in Susanville, got me into Sierra bullets way back in the mid fifties when I started reloading, etc. That was the only bullet/brand they carried. A whole wall full of every caliber and weight the guys in the area wanted or used. Bill K :)

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:38 pm

BillK20VT wrote:Me too Eric. The father and son ( Jack Roberts -- Sportsman shop ) here in Susanville, got me into Sierra bullets way back in the mid fifties when I started reloading, etc. That was the only bullet/brand they carried. A whole wall full of every caliber and weight the guys in the area wanted or used. Bill K :)

That's awesome Bill! When you find something that works I tend to stick with it. ;)

Eric
Show up
Do your best

Signguy Gary

Postby Signguy Gary » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:35 am

I agree Eric, I use Sierra for my 22-250, but I can't seem to find any bullets locally to work up loads for my .204. If I could find a bullet that groups well I would be willing to order them online but buying 100 bullets make the shipping pretty much out of my budget.

Thanks

L.Sherm

Postby L.Sherm » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:20 am

Gary if you haven't tried the 39 grain Blitzkings in your 204 I highly recommend it, I have not heard of one person who could not get them to shoot well in a 204.

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 am

Gary,

What L. Sherm said is pretty much most folks go to bullet for the Ruger 204. Have you given them a try?

Eric
Show up
Do your best

BillK20SCC

Postby BillK20SCC » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:24 am

Signguy Gary wrote:I agree Eric, I use Sierra for my 22-250, but I can't seem to find any bullets locally to work up loads for my .204. If I could find a bullet that groups well I would be willing to order them online but buying 100 bullets make the shipping pretty much out of my budget.

Thanks

As mentioned the Sierra BK in 39gr. are great. Now Gary, as too ordering larger amounts do not pass on trying the Midsouth or Midway Varmint Nightmare or extremes. ( They are a basic cup and core bullet from Nosler, sold to those two, under their logo). They work fine in the 20 cal and also I use plenty of their 55 grain in my 22-250 and 223 rifles) In fact if you want to try a few before ordering shoot me a pm with you mailing address and I will send you some to try in your 20's. Bill K :)

Return to “Forum News, Contests, & Group Buys”