X-Caliber Rifle Barrel Group Buy Interest?

All Forum news, Contests, Group Buys, and changes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

X-Caliber Rifle Barrel Group Buy Interest?

Postby CRT » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:16 pm

Our good friends at X-Caliber Rifle barrels contacted me today and asked if our forum might be interested in another barrel group buy. The terms of the deal are that we would need at least 20 barrels to make this happen, barrel lengths are limited to 28", 20 caliber up to 7mm qualify, and minimum muzzle diameter of .700
The price would be $185 for a contoured stainless steel blank plus shipping.
I also asked them about a 3 groove 9 twist 20 caliber barrel for those that would like to try shooting the heavy 20 caliber bullets like the 55 Berger, they said they would order in the tooling and offer them if we can get a commitment for at least 10 barrels.

So the questions is do we have enough interest from the members to put on another barrel group buy? Please feel free to post up or share your thoughts on the idea.

Thanks,
Brad
If you are interested in a custom delrin bore guide, modified CZ 527 bolt handle, or 7/8" round cotton flannel cleaning patches for small caliber rifles please PM me or email: admin@smallcaliberclub.com

BillK20SCC
5 Gold Star Level Site Supporter 2018

Re: X-Caliber Rifle Barrel Group Buy Interest?

Postby BillK20SCC » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Now you tell me :lol: I have another .20 cal barrel in UPS/FedEx headed my way now and just this am order a AR barrel in 20 Practical from Dustin and Hunter. But, hey, the rest of you folks can enjoy the discount and their barrels, They are working just fine, in my humble opinion. :D Bill K :)

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:35 am

Considering how big of a success and how many barrels sold in the last X-Caliber group buy i didn't expect a big response from this one but I am kinda surprised we haven't had interest from at least a few guys. Out of curiosity is it a pricing issue or something else? Any and all feedback is appreciated.
If you are interested in a custom delrin bore guide, modified CZ 527 bolt handle, or 7/8" round cotton flannel cleaning patches for small caliber rifles please PM me or email: admin@smallcaliberclub.com

L.Sherm
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby L.Sherm » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:44 am

You know i'm in, but i am like you Brad let's here it good or bad.

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Here's the good. They look nice.
Here's the bad, my experience, anyway.
Asked for a Shilen featherweight in .20/1-11 3 groove and a .224, 1-12, same contour. Length is supposed to be 22, finish @ 20
Was told the .20 is going to be thin at 22 (which is a crock but I say That's ok, I'm going to cut it to 18.
Got both barrels, one at a time, individually shipped, 18" long. WTF? SOP, cut an inch off the muzzle end, now I have a 17" barrel.
Chambered the 20 in 20 practical, my second with same reamer.(Did a Lilja, the first one, same twist, two trips to the range, load work finished.) Model 7 Rem, trued, Gre-Tan firing pin job, Gre-Tan firing pin spring, light ejector spring, Calvin Elite trigger/
A LOT of copper for 100 rds.
four brands of brass including new Lapua, IMI and Top Brass, four different primers, four different powders, seven different bullets, multiple seating depths, and almost 500 rounds later, I get halfway decent groups but always have flyers.

Obviously not interested in another group buy and this is in no way a slam against the organizers of the group buys. The Pierce action and PacNor barrel group buys worked out well for me and the time and effort given by those that ramrod them is much appreciated.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:34 pm

This probably really isn't the best place to bring something like this up but just out of curiosity did you call X-Caliber to let them know about the problems you encountered? They are very serious about customer service and always do whatever it takes to make things right for their customers. I have worked with 4 of their barrels so far and none of them have copper fouled for me, as a matter of fact they break in and clean easier than the Pacnor's (they make good barrels and i consider them one of the premium barrel makers in the industry) i have owned. I have been saying this for a long time but i think its worth repeating: any company can make a mistake, its how they handle it after the fact that makes the difference and shows the companies true colors. That being said i would really encourage you to contact them and allow them to make it right. After all they can't fix a problem that they don't know exists.

Hogpatrol wrote:Here's the good. They look nice.
Here's the bad, my experience, anyway.
Asked for a Shilen featherweight in .20/1-11 3 groove and a .224, 1-12, same contour. Length is supposed to be 22, finish @ 20
Was told the .20 is going to be thin at 22 (which is a crock but I say That's ok, I'm going to cut it to 18.
Got both barrels, one at a time, individually shipped, 18" long. WTF? SOP, cut an inch off the muzzle end, now I have a 17" barrel.
Chambered the 20 in 20 practical, my second with same reamer.(Did a Lilja, the first one, same twist, two trips to the range, load work finished.) Model 7 Rem, trued, Gre-Tan firing pin job, Gre-Tan firing pin spring, light ejector spring, Calvin Elite trigger/
A LOT of copper for 100 rds.
four brands of brass including new Lapua, IMI and Top Brass, four different primers, four different powders, seven different bullets, multiple seating depths, and almost 500 rounds later, I get halfway decent groups but always have flyers.

Obviously not interested in another group buy and this is in no way a slam against the organizers of the group buys. The Pierce action and PacNor barrel group buys worked out well for me and the time and effort given by those that ramrod them is much appreciated.

Duker
3 Gold Star Level Site Supporter
3 Gold Star Level Site Supporter

Postby Duker » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:31 am

You can count me in for at least one. All three I got from the last group buy shoot small and clean with very little copper fouling.
“Only accurate rifles are interesting.” Col. Townsend Whelen"

BillK20SCC

Postby BillK20SCC » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:52 am

All I can say, at this point, is I have two now from Xcaliber Mfg and they are shooting just fine, clean easy and accurate. I have another in the works with them, for a AR upper build. I made a post regarding a similar post on another site, did have one barrel from another well known company that gave me issues, so you can run into problems with any maker, on occasion. It is just the nature of the beast we work with. I have used various barrel makers over the years and just about 98 % have been just fine. I can not really say one is better than the other and will not name the one I did have issue with. We just work with what we have and also with the company that we dealt with, past, now and future. :D Bill K :)

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Email sent. This is what I got in return.

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<hziglar@x-caliber.net>:
No MX or A records for x-caliber.net

You got the good, you got the bad. I got more of the bad. Good luck & good bye. I'm moving on.

Hog

ae35gunner

Postby ae35gunner » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Sir

Our e-mail is down right now if you would like to call we can figure this out thank you

Hey Hogpatrol,
The response above was posted Sep 14 at 3:57PM EDT, approximately 1 hour after your "...I'm moving on" statement. With no disrespect intended, and because Mr Ziglar's phone number was included in their first X-Caliber response, I have to assume that you are really not interested in solving the issue which you are complaining about. If it were me, I'd have given the man a call to see if this couldn't be resolved to everyone's satisfaction before using a Forum to taint a reputation. Unless you have a hidden motive, I do not understand your reluctance to do what...if the shoe were on the other foot, you'd want done for you.
Regards, Charlie

Return to “Forum News, Contests, & Group Buys”