2015 Spring/Summer Photo Contest

All Forum news, Contests, Group Buys, and changes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.

Please vote for the winner of the 2015 Spring Summer Photo Contest

Poll ended at Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:58 pm

RickInOregon
71%
Bullseye69
18%
Hogpatrol
No votes
Rimfiremike
12%

Total votes: 17

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Re: 2015 Spring/Summer Photo Contest

Postby CRT » Wed May 20, 2015 2:28 pm

do any of the members have a picture to post for the contest yet? I heard that there might be a rifle barrel awarded to the winner. :o

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
Rick in Oregon
Small Caliber Expert
Small Caliber Expert

Postby Rick in Oregon » Thu May 21, 2015 5:03 pm

CRT wrote:do any of the members have a picture to post for the contest yet? I heard that there might be a rifle barrel awarded to the winner. :o

Okay, I'll toss my hat into the ring with some images, this pic from a local ranch here and my Cooper M38 20VT, affectionately known as "Scooter" for reasons you can probably imagine.

That was a good morning at the ranch, shooting "snoopin' & poopin' " style from one rockpile vantage point to another with boonie hat and my "varmint stake" rifle rest. The 32gr Nosler BT's over RL-7 at 3,725 fps leaves no doubt as to their effectiveness on chucks.

A "Before" shot of a rock chuck just out of his burrow in the rocks. Taken with a 300mm lens....they won't let you get anywhere near this close:

I have this one hanging in my gun room for 'winter inspiration', or "wish I was there" ponderings:

Some of the crew on 'the hill' one morning, having our way with Skippy and his pals. Our buddy "futuretrades" can be seen on his bench at the far right of the pic:

On a nice bit of elevation giving my No.1 Varmint in 223 a workout on Skippy:

The crew working over a nice wide valley from above with everything from 17HMR, 22 K-Hornet, 20VT, 223 and of course everyone present had his 204(s) with him.

And just for fun, a shot of my buddy Dan shooting from the top of a former USFS fire truck, now used for range fire protection. The elevated position makes for some excellent shooting:

And a parting shot of my little buddy, Skippy. Some young family members outside their hole wondering what all the fuss is about:

Man, I love this time of year! :D
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:24 pm

I sure hope there are a few of our members that post up a picture for this contest. After all there is a free rifle barrel blank that will be given away as the prize. :D

Brad

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Here's mine from last weekend in SD.
“Government has no wealth, and when a politician promises to give you something for nothing, he must first confiscate that wealth from you -- either by direct taxes, or by the cruelly indirect tax of inflation.”
― John Wayne

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:58 pm

thanks to the members that have submitted pics for this contest. I know a few of you have mentioned trips planned for this month so i sure hope we get a few more entries. Come on guys :!: :o

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:45 pm

The pussycats are big in Africa. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rimfiremike

Postby rimfiremike » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:52 am

Finally got some time to get out over the last couple weeks... here are a couple pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:05 pm

the contest is officially over and the applicants that have submitted photos are:
Rickinoregon
Bullseye69
Hogpatrol
Rimfiremike

We have added a poll so that everyone can vote for their favorite photo/submitter. The poll will run for 30 days, the winner is decided by the forum membership so please make sure you vote. The voting results are anonymous so nobody will know who voted for who. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Brad

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:18 am

it looks like most of the members that wanted to vote have done so. If anyone else would like to cast a vote please do so by 9/4/15 as we will close the voting and announce the winner on 9/5/15.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:53 am

Thank you to everyone that participated in the contest and also for those that voted, we greatly appreciate it. As the poll clearly shows Rick in Oregon is our winner and will be receiving an X-caliber 20 cal. barrel in his choice of contour. Congratulations Rick

Return to “Forum News, Contests, & Group Buys”