Group Buy Question: Pierce Engineering Actions

All Forum news, Contests, Group Buys, and changes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Small Caliber Club forum. Please understand that the following information has been added in the best interest of the forum, our sole intention by adding this information is to keep the forum running smoothly. We ask that each member please read and agree to the following list of forum rules prior to posting. Failure to follow the rules may cause your membership privileges to be suspended for a period of time or revoked if a problem persists. Obviously we would prefer not to have to discipline anyone so we ask that everyone please adhere to the following basic guidelines/rules.

1. This forum is for the sharing of information on all things related to the small calibers, and everyone is welcome to join.
2. We will not tolerate behavior that is deemed by the forum management to be disrespectful, antagonistic, bullying, and or negative towards any forum members.
3. Individuals are only allowed to use this forum for their personal use, if you would like to use the forum for commercial/business advertising purposes you must contact the forum management for permission prior to posting.
4. We DO NOT allow posts that suggest starting a revolution, starting an uprising against the government, or any similar type of statements.
5. For Sale Ads: Posting negative comments about another members item for sale or its price is NOT ALLOWED.
6. Each member is allowed to have one username only. Any member caught with a spoof username will be removed permanently and without notice.

* This list is not complete and more rules may be added over time as needed to keep the forum running smoothly.

Site Admin.
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Group Buy Question: Pierce Engineering Actions

Postby CRT » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:56 am

I would like to find out if any of our members are interested in doing additional group buys? We will have the upcoming group buy on X Caliber barrels very soon. Do any of you have any additional idea's or requests you would like to make? We are always open to suggestions and i will work hard to make group buys happen if enough people are interested in them.

Brad
If you are interested in a custom delrin bore guide, modified CZ 527 bolt handle, or 7/8" round cotton flannel cleaning patches for small caliber rifles please PM me or email: admin@smallcaliberclub.com

Waskawood

Re: Group Buy Question

Postby Waskawood » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 pm

AA 1680 ;)
Waska
My fishing spots are so secretive that even the fish can't find them.

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:11 pm

CRT wrote:I would like to find out if any of our members are interested in doing additional group buys? We will have the upcoming group buy on X Caliber barrels very soon. Do any of you have any additional idea's or requests you would like to make? We are always open to suggestions and i will work hard to make group buys happen if enough people are interested in them.

Brad

A repeat of the Pierce action deal?

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Waska if i could do that for you i sure would. If you want to make a drive out to Indiana i have a couple pounds sitting in my shop i would let you have if it will help out. :)

Waskawood wrote:AA 1680 ;)
If you are interested in a custom delrin bore guide, modified CZ 527 bolt handle, or 7/8" round cotton flannel cleaning patches for small caliber rifles please PM me or email: admin@smallcaliberclub.com

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Hog,

I am glad you mentioned this, I have actually thought about this idea a couple times in the last year and i sure would be open to doing it again if there is enough interest. I would say we need at least 10 people to commit for it to make sense. Anyone else in for the Pierce Action group buy idea?

Hogpatrol wrote:
CRT wrote:I would like to find out if any of our members are interested in doing additional group buys? We will have the upcoming group buy on X Caliber barrels very soon. Do any of you have any additional idea's or requests you would like to make? We are always open to suggestions and i will work hard to make group buys happen if enough people are interested in them.

Brad

A repeat of the Pierce action deal?

L.Sherm
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby L.Sherm » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:31 am

Is there such a thing as a group buy on bullets, say 17 or 20 cal since that seems what most of us shoot. Maybe something like the varmegdons, nosler (midsouth type) etc. I don't know just wondering if it's possible :)

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:16 pm

that's a good question. I have spoke with a couple of the manufacturers (Nosler & Hornady) in the past and wasn't able to get anywhere. The thing that makes it extra tough now is the limited supplies available. I have a bunch of the Nosler Varmageddon's 20 cal. 32 grain tipped on back order (its been almost 2 years now). I will do some checking and see what i can come up with, if nothing else i may offer the Varmageddon 20 caliber bullets at dealer cost once they arrive. I am hoping to see them arrive sometime this winter.

Brad

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:31 pm

I was involved with a group buy with the guys on Saubier.com. The bullets were discontinued Berger .17 caliber target bullets that were desired for minimum pelt damage to coyotes. The minimum order to make a run of them was 20,000. I bought a thousand and they don't shoot for squat in both my fireballs.
Even though it was a "group buy", I don't think they were any cheaper.

manc-munsters

Postby manc-munsters » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Would one of the custom bullet makers perhaps be interested in a bulk supply?

If someone had the time, and inclination, a couple of boxes could be split in to "tester" packs and shipped out for people to try. If they work in enough people's rifles, a decent run could be ordered as a bulk buy??

Russ

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:12 pm

I would be interested in another Pierce buy. Depending on how bad the tax man is to me, might be in for 2. If the price is near the same as last time.

Return to “Forum News, Contests, & Group Buys”