Steiner Military 4-16X50 G2B Review

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
Virginian
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Re: Steiner Military 4-16X50 G2B Review

Postby Virginian » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Thor wrote:Fantastic writeup, keep up the good work! You now have your own forum review section by the way. 8-)

Thor
Site Admin.

Ummm!? Thanks I think? That means I have to write more. :shock:

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Makes the way I mount optics look like playing with Lincoln logs. Damn that's a detailed approach.

I did buy one of those Wheeler setups to make sure my cross-hairs were level to the gun but that's about it.

I've looked through Steiner binos and was amazed at how clear they were. They use some nice glass on their pieces.

Clint E

Postby Clint E » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:02 am

Very nice write up . You put alot of detail and work into it. Thanks for sharing

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Awesome write-up Eric! You're better than most of the writing editors in the magazines I've read..
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Another great write-up.
Do you have any pride fowler scopes and if so
what's Your opinion of them?
“Government has no wealth, and when a politician promises to give you something for nothing, he must first confiscate that wealth from you -- either by direct taxes, or by the cruelly indirect tax of inflation.”
― John Wayne

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:28 pm

bullseye-69 wrote:Another great write-up.

Jeff,

Pride Fowler scopes are another unsung hero in the optics world in my opinion. You can get a FFP for $350ish. Example: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/144979 ... cm_vc=U112

This particular model is one hell of a bang for the buck in my uneducated opinion. It has stellar features but is a bit crude in other features like only 3 levels of brightness on the illuminated reticle. Their higher end version like the Rapid Reticle 900 run roughly $1,800 and on occasion are used in our military. PFI scopes are in service. They won several small contracts for different scope models they make and they are in use. That should tell you something if a man puts his life on the line relying on his optics...

If I was looking at an entry into FFP, I would take a hard look at PF or Primary Arms 4-14x44. They are both hard to beat for the money. As for the upper end I have no experience with them.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arm ... 14xffp.htm

I will say if you stray off the beaten path too far away from 'the norm' like Leupold, NF, etc., purchasing Steiner, Pride Fowler or Primary Arms, they are very hard to resell and recoup your initial investment due to them not being very well known. With that said, I would buy one.

I hope my comments help.

Eric
Show up
Do your best

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 am

bullseye-69 wrote:Another great write-up.

I had a rimfire model for awhile. Very nice scope, but it had the hardest time getting focused.
That said, the overall quality of it was very nice. Dials, finish, etc.

JINGWEED
Double Silver Star Level Site Supporter
Double Silver Star Level Site Supporter

Postby JINGWEED » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Super! I am afraid I can't add to much more. Awesome Job! No doubt! I watched a movie on Steiner and their Quality Control was Above or equal with everyone else. I would buy one in a skinny minute. Great job on the review. You may have missed your calling. :) :D

Bob the nailer

Postby Bob the nailer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Wow a Steiner as your first high end purchase! 34mm main tube! you are one envied guy!!! I was looking at the Burris XTR II but missed the promo with free rings. Awesome review and looking forward to range work ups, I'm sure you won't be disappointed either.
One ragged hole! The quest for accuracy continues...

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
Varmint Hunters Assoc. Member
American Gunsmith Association
http://www.knowyourzero.com

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Bob the nailer wrote:Wow a Steiner as your first high end purchase! 34mm main tube! you are one envied guy!!! I was looking at the Burris XTR II but missed the promo with free rings. Awesome review and looking forward to range work ups, I'm sure you won't be disappointed either.

thanks Bob, I've been dragging my feet lately to doing follow-ups or posting new content. Apologies. :oops:

Eric
Show up
Do your best

Return to “DIY Projects, Product Reviews, Company Reviews”