Stock from scratch

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
bullseye-69

Re: Stock from scratch

Postby bullseye-69 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:29 pm

WOW and I thought I had crazy ideas!
That's just too cool!
I thought of just using AL. but never steel.
If you build another use stainless steel and polish it.
What is the weight of it right now?
“Government has no wealth, and when a politician promises to give you something for nothing, he must first confiscate that wealth from you -- either by direct taxes, or by the cruelly indirect tax of inflation.”
― John Wayne

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:31 pm

It was just due to the perspective of the camera , it fits fine.

The body of the trigger hangs down a little past the tubing , but other than welding a little piece of trim around it, can't be helped. Frankenschmacker is more of an industrial build anyway! I even left some weld bead showing....the paint job will bring it all together, that's what I keep telling myself.. :geek:
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:12 am

Don't forget the gimbal mount. :D

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:11 am

bullseye-69 wrote:WOW and I thought I had crazy ideas!
That's just too cool!
I thought of just using AL. but never steel.
If you build another use stainless steel and polish it.
What is the weight of it right now?

You DO have crazy ideas! You're just not alone, haha! I took a little off the stock, before that it was just a tad over 30#'s. Haven't weighed it since, but with paint and everything it should be between 29-30lbs. I have it primered up now to keep it from rusting, hoping to test it in the field soon so I can make any necessary modifications before I paint it. I have another one to be built, ( 20 SCC heavy barrel with block) prudence dictates one delve into the practical theater of real world testing before building the second one, IMO. Second and tertiary unforeseen circumstances seem to rise whenever a new approach is taken.
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Clint E

Postby Clint E » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Fancy paint won't make it shoot any better but it will look nice Redmist. Can't wait to see it finished.

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:48 pm

RedMist
You should do the swirl paint job on it.
Maybe like black and red, red for the red mist!
Jeff
“Government has no wealth, and when a politician promises to give you something for nothing, he must first confiscate that wealth from you -- either by direct taxes, or by the cruelly indirect tax of inflation.”
― John Wayne

Return to “DIY Projects, Product Reviews, Company Reviews”