My reloading bench project

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Re: My reloading bench project

Postby RedMist » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 pm

" I cut the tip off one of my less than stellar bucks I took in the past for knob. " You're not fooling us, that's a main beam from one of your bucks. Bet he scored 4"or 5"s lol.

Nicely done! Plan on putting an annealer together this winter. Will try to get pics of it up as well sometime. Thanks for posting!!
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
Joe O

Postby Joe O » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:11 am

Virginian wrote:Clint - That's a great question. So far I still love the overall design. I tend to stand when I reload so I make the legs extra long. I'm 6'4", so this bench is kind of tall for most folks. Some of my friend that visit laugh when they see the height of it. :lol:

Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm very happy with the overall layout and function of this bench.

Joe - Sorry for the repost... :oops:

Eric

No apollogies necessary.Everyone should have a nice bench like yours,and you showed them how.
Ciao Joe O

remy3424

Postby remy3424 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 am

Nice work there, it will serve you well. Let us know what 20/20 hindsight change you would have done....once you have the chance to break it in.

ohnomrbillk

Postby ohnomrbillk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:42 am

Looks great.

How much taller did you make it?

Virginian
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby Virginian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:28 pm

ohnomrbillk wrote:Looks great.

How much taller did you make it?

Sorry for the late reply. The bench height is 43" which puts it at a great height for standing while I reload. I don't much care for sitting while I'm trying to work the press. Thanks for the interest!

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

L461

Postby L461 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 am

What an excellent job you have done 8-)

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:15 pm

I recently moved my reloading from the garage to a spare room in the basement. I read an article somewhere that stated extreme temp changes can effect gunpowder and the temps in my garage range from mid 30s F up to 100 degrees F. Actually Clint, a member on here told me about this so i did some research. So I campaigned with Mrs. V to take over one of the rooms in basement. Good night I had to battle this one out with her but somehow came out on top of this one. When reasoning isn't getting you anywhere try bribes. Never mind that this room hasn't been used in four years... He argument was that I'm turing one of the rooms into another "garage" which was true!

So when I have some family over with some strong backs and weak minds we moved everything down there late last fall. So my reloading stuff was in boxes in pile on the floor and I've been putting off setting everything back up the way I wanted it. After I set up everything I realized I didn't have enough light so off to Home Depot. I purchased two $30ish tract lights that were directional. I installed them this weekend and have decent light in the appropriate areas now. :ugeek:

I have also read that florescent light fixtures can give you false readings on some powder scales so I opted for halogen light which tent to run a little hot. I can't confirm that florescent light do this as I never had any issues in the garage where I hung T5s over my bench.

So back to reloading for (hopefully) my PD trip in June.

As always folk, thanks for reading my dribble.

Eric

Show up
Do your best

Ramos

Postby Ramos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Eric, all that natural wood looks really nice! After several hobby-room builds and remodels I have come to believe that you simply cannot have too much light or too many outlets.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Not sure how i missed this post from a few days ago, nice work on the new reloading room setup! :)

Brad

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Ramos wrote:Eric, all that natural wood looks really nice! After several hobby-room builds and remodels I have come to believe that you simply cannot have too much light or too many outlets.

Thanks Ramos. It's a log home and I'm proud to say there's not a single sheet of sheetrock in it. ;)

Eric
Show up
Do your best

Return to “DIY Projects, Product Reviews, Company Reviews”