Green Mountain barrel

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
L.Sherm
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Green Mountain barrel

Postby L.Sherm » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 am

Any interest :?: What do the forum bosses thinkl?

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
chuckhunter

Re: Green Mountain barrel group buy

Postby chuckhunter » Thu May 02, 2013 12:16 pm

I would be interested. Do they make Savage pre-fits chambered in 20VT or 20 Practical?

Tom

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

currently Green Mountain only sells barrel blanks for centerfire rifles. The good news is that they are very reasonably priced and even with the cost of Gunsmith work you will still spend less than a prefit barrel thru one of the other barrel companies. I recently built a 20 Tac with one of the Green Mountain stainless barrels. During break in it was grouping 1/2" or less. :D

chuckhunter wrote:I would be interested. Do they make Savage pre-fits chambered in 20VT or 20 Practical?

Tom

Nor Cal Mikie
5 Gold Star Level Site Supporter 2018
5 Gold Star Level Site Supporter 2018

Postby Nor Cal Mikie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:13 am

Not sure what you would gain with a "Group Buy". Being that it only takes about a week to get one and the cost is around $100.00, I'am not sure of the advantage. Don't think you'll find a better deal than that.
The two I got each took a little a than a week to my door. Buy two, they're cheap and turning out to be killer accurate. 8-) Ship them off for threading and chambering and you're ready to go shooting. ;)
OZ never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

TheBigGun

Postby TheBigGun » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:02 am

I don't think a group buy will happen on these.like stated above there around $100 so probly will not be much discount and you can get them quick.after all the delays and hassle of the last group barrel buy I would say the next one will not be so broad.if I did it again it would be all 17or 20 cal with a few contour options and that's it.just my 2ct.

K22

Postby K22 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:21 am

SKI RIFLES wrote:GM bbls are great! Ive been doing a LOT of AR barrels on them lately and they're great for any build. This is a pic one customer sent me. It is his first 6 shot group at 100yrds {.300 Blackout} with some ammo he purchased off of Gun Broker. I use their bbls for the the .358 legal calibers here in Indiana if a customer doesnt have a bbl for the build. Im also doing 6x45, 17Rem., 17/223 with GM bbls as well.

Nice grouping. Do you do your own barrel contouring? For instance, a 17 caliber GM barrel contoured to match a Lilja #1?

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Good to know SKI, I think for a walking/varmint calling AR, a GM barrel will shoot better than a guy can hold, so it's a no-brainer, IMO. I'm gonna get one to try soon.
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Return to “DIY Projects, Product Reviews, Company Reviews”