Big Game Swivel Action Shooting Bench

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Re: Big Game Swivel Action Shooting Bench

Postby CRT » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

I was able to get the bench assembled today. I am very impressed with the quality, function, and overall appearance of the bench. I will post some pics up later today. :)

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:14 pm

You know, I'm a retard. I had some pics from last year's hunt just sitting out there.

Here's my Dad on one. He's about 6'2".

My buddy's Dad on another one.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:18 am

Thank You for posting up the photo's, i am really looking forward to putting this new swivel bench to use in colorado. I hope to have plenty of photo's of my own to post up when we return. :)

TheBigGun
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby TheBigGun » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:10 am

I stopped by CRT the other day I was surprised how sturdy this Bench is look likes like it will perform Well the top just needs to be a little longer for me but it feels vary sturdy.

WYO

Postby WYO » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:57 am

That does look like a pretty good, sturdy bench. Does that black material get pretty hot setting out on the prairie with the sun beating down on it?

I bought this type several years back but have never really put it to use shooting vermin, just to shoot a little paper here and there.

For the money it does what I need it to do and then some. It has a quick release that allows you to turn the whole thing, minus the legs of course, 360 degrees and as soon as you let go of the handle it locks at that position so you your not moving when getting on target.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:59 pm

I wanted to report back that the Big Game Swivel Action Shooting Bench worked excellent while on our pdog trip in Colorado. For anyone that wants a good swivel shooting bench for a reasonable price this is the bench.

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:27 pm

To bring this one back up, we had both a Big Game Bench and a Caldwell Stable Table on our trip this week. Without a doubt, the Big Game was easier to assemble and breakdown, provided a better surface where your stuff doesn't slide all over and functioned flawlessly for the 3rd straight year. This is not to disparage the Stable Table, it equal money, I like the Big Game way better.

rimfiremike

Postby rimfiremike » Sat May 10, 2014 4:16 am

This is an old thread, but I stumbled across a heck of a price for these on sale at Cabela's right now... $109.99

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Big-Game-Swivel-Action-Shooting-Bench/708606.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dbig%2Bgame%2Bswivel%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=big+game+swivel&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Thought I would post this so anyone needing one could get a great deal... I really like mine.

I think I have to buy another one... my son doesn't like to share 'his' with me very well! :)

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CRT
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Postby CRT » Tue May 13, 2014 11:35 pm

have any of the other Big Game Swivel bench owners here noticed a lot of slop in the swivel point where the top fits into the tripod base? I have been using my bench going on three seasons now and mine is getting very sloppy at the swivel point. Based on a quick inspection of my bench earlier today the bushing seems to be made from cheap nylon material. I am in the process of making a replacement steel bushing for my bench (keep it greased and it should last forever.) Would anyone else be interested in one for their bench? Just curious to see if there would be any demand for such a product.

rimfiremike

Postby rimfiremike » Thu May 15, 2014 2:23 am

...mine has only been in use for a few months and so far the swivel is fine, but I could see that nylon sleeve/bushing wearing over time.
I'd be in for one if you made them for when it eventually starts to wear and need replacement.

Mike

Return to “DIY Projects, Product Reviews, Company Reviews”