For those of you that use a Hornady Lock-n-Load

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
Virginian
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

For those of you that use a Hornady Lock-n-Load

Postby Virginian » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 am

I used my Bass Pro reward points this year and purchased a Hornady Lock-n-Load AP press. The red bin that comes with it for throwing bullets in is pretty handy. I looked on the usual places on the net for reloading supplies and they want anywhere from $6.99 to $6.25 for these bins.

I looked on the bin and they're made by a company called AkroBin. Googled them and found a company called zorotools.com that had them and many colors for $1.32 for the small (same size that came with Hornady), $3.14 for the medium size and $6.33 for the huge size.

Including two racks to hold them, the tab came to $130. I googled & zoro tools coupon, found a coupon for $30 off orders over $75, net I have a Ben Franklin tied up in this and it's been money well spent. I just clip these to my press when I'm reloading and go. I do a lot of casting and it provides a good place to store all my bullets and brass without overloading my reloading bench cabinet.

Crappy cell phone pic but you get the idea. I opted for the more manly colors! lol I hope this tip helps someone!

Eric

Last edited by Virginian on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Re: For those of you that use a Hornady Lock-n-Load

Postby RedMist » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 pm

:o Dang, you make me feel much better ! I was starting to think I had a problem. After seeing this post, I'm just getting started ! Nice work figuring out how to save some bucks!
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

JINGWEED
Double Silver Star Level Site Supporter
Double Silver Star Level Site Supporter

Postby JINGWEED » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:16 am

Very nice and organized. I really like it! I wish I had seen a pic of this a few months ago when I was doing my re-loading room. I would have definately went this way with the bullet and case storage. It's perfect!

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Glad this post helped someone! I was hearing nothing but crikets chirping after I posted this. LOL :?

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Sth Oz Dan

Postby Sth Oz Dan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 am

Virginian wrote:Glad this post helped someone! I was hearing nothing but crikets chirping after I posted this. LOL :?

Eric

I've stored the pictures somewhere up in my grey matter. I'll definitely try something similar when I get through my other jobs list (finish cattle yard, build implement shed, build house etc). Gonna be a while til I can stretch my reloading bench and reorganize, but those trays (or something very similar) will go up somewhere around the bench.

Return to “DIY Projects, Product Reviews, Company Reviews”