Tomahawks and throwing knives

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
Virginian
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Re: Tomahawks and throwing knives

Postby Virginian » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Ok, I had a big throw down on Memorial weekend and had hawk throwing as one of the fun things to do for folks. Now the majority of this crowd were folks that sit behind a desk all day and sofa surf when they get home at night. They tend to look at me in a Jeffry Dahmar kind of way when I talk about hunting or most of the things I like to do with my life. :ugeek:

Every one of these folks lined up for a chance to throw the hawks. They were taking pics of each other to post on FaceBook. lol They had an absolute blast and you should have seen the variations of happy dances when they got it to stick! My niece (age 36) looked like she was beheading someone using two hands thrown over her head. :shock:

Well it was fun to get folks out and doing something different. I was going to use one of the tomahawks to cut the ribs I grilled but Mrs. Virginian was giving me the serious stick eye on that one. ;)

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 am

HAha! Sounds like fun, would love to see those city slickers get primal!
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:20 pm

Virginian wrote:Ok, I had a big throw down on Memorial weekend and had hawk throwing as one of the fun things to do for folks. Now the majority of this crowd were folks that sit behind a desk all day and sofa surf when they get home at night. They tend to look at me in a Jeffry Dahmar kind of way when I talk about hunting or most of the things I like to do with my life. :ugeek:

Yes, I know the type quite well! <whistling...> :oops: :oops: 8-)

Clint E

Postby Clint E » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 pm

SShooterZ wrote:
Virginian wrote:Ok, I had a big throw down on Memorial weekend and had hawk throwing as one of the fun things to do for folks. Now the majority of this crowd were folks that sit behind a desk all day and sofa surf when they get home at night. They tend to look at me in a Jeffry Dahmar kind of way when I talk about hunting or most of the things I like to do with my life. :ugeek:

Yes, I know the type quite well! <whistling...> :oops: :oops: 8-)

Thats alright we know were we fit in on this planet, its called the ones who can survive .

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”