Dove Recipies

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
Clint E

Dove Recipies

Postby Clint E » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Any body got any they want to share .
I always wrap them in bacon and grill them but thought i might try something new.

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
arfinok

Re: Dove Recipies

Postby arfinok » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 pm

I've cooked dove twice in the last few days and sounds like my method is about the same as yours.

I filet the meat off the dove breast bone and then let it marinate overnight in Italian salad dressing. Cut a slice of jalapeno and put it in between the two pieces of breast meat and wrap with bacon (prefer turkey bacon), put several on a skewer and put on the barbeque grill. Also slice up a sweet onion and add to skewer. Makes some pretty good eating.

RF

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 am

That sounds great RF !
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 pm

arfinok wrote:I've cooked dove twice in the last few days and sounds like my method is about the same as yours.

I filet the meat off the dove breast bone and then let it marinate overnight in Italian salad dressing. Cut a slice of jalapeno and put it in between the two pieces of breast meat and wrap with bacon (prefer turkey bacon), put several on a skewer and put on the barbeque grill. Also slice up a sweet onion and add to skewer. Makes some pretty good eating.

RF

That sounds damn good! I think I'm going out on Friday morning so hopefully I'll have something to cook when I get home.

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 pm

I think you have to marinate the feathers for 2 days, SSZ....something to think about in case that's all you end up with...
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Ramos

Postby Ramos » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Guys, can't argue against ANY recipe with bacon!!!

For something lighter, or to make it go farther: We like to sear breast fillets in sesame oil with ginger and soy sauce. Once cool, we dice it up and top our favorite green salad with the meat. Also great in wilted lettuce. And yes, bacon bits are welcome to jump on in, as well.

Clint E

Postby Clint E » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Wow you folks make my cooking methods sound lame. I think i will try some but with some green pepper in the mix.
Hopeing to hit the dove fields again this weekend the dnr fields were really shot up compared to last year.

Waskawood

Postby Waskawood » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:08 am

I am pretty old school when it comes to cooking game. I like wild game because of its wild taste so I try to keep it simple in order to retain the flavor. I don't like to smother my birds in cream soups and the such but I do believe bacon enhances flavor more than cover it up. I will wrap bacon around my duck and goose pieces when I grill them. Getting hungry boys. Good thing fall is approaching. Happy hunting.
Waska
My fishing spots are so secretive that even the fish can't find them.

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm

RedMist wrote:I think you have to marinate the feathers for 2 days, SSZ....something to think about in case that's all you end up with...

Hopefully my sister hits some.

larry

Postby larry » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 am

Waskawood wrote:I am pretty old school when it comes to cooking game. I like wild game because of its wild taste so I try to keep it simple in order to retain the flavor. I don't like to smother my birds in cream soups and the such but I do believe bacon enhances flavor more than cover it up. I will wrap bacon around my duck and goose pieces when I grill them. Getting hungry boys. Good thing fall is approaching. Happy hunting.

Try going without the bacon,, and try some cavenders Greek seasoning,, not too much. Cook them medium rare. I do this with duck,, I find that bacon hides the flavor of the meat too much for my taste.
I've got the itch...I just don't have the scratch!

If is supposed to have a sharp edge, and doesn't...get a hold of me.

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”