Ruana Bonner Montana

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
Virginian
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Ruana Bonner Montana

Postby Virginian » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi,

I Inherited a Ruana Bonner Montana about 8 years ago. I'm a whitetail hunter in VA and have used this knife quite a bit but it's a bit robust for my purpose. So I googled this knife and had no idea of it's value and heritage. Shame on me for using it... I believe it was purchased for a blackpowder ram hunt out west sometime in the late '60s to '70s (a guess at best on the timeframe). I thought I would share some pics of it here with the true knife aficionados.

I would be interested in any comments regarding it. It appears to be very much like the 20B with a few differences. Most notably to me is the thumbnail groove on each side of the blade. The sheath and markings on the blade to not have any notable marking to help define the time period it was made but I believe it was made by Rudy Ruana as it dates before he quit making knives in '83.

Eric

Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
SShooterZ

Re: Ruana Bonner Montana

Postby SShooterZ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:06 am

I honestly don't know much about the bladed tools. My fear is, I'll like them so much, another expensive hobby will show up.

Nice looking knife!

sdbirddogs

Postby sdbirddogs » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Very nice Ruana you have there. It is a great knife and it will hold its value well. I'd say use it, and don't lose a seconds sleep over it, that's what it was intended for.

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:16 pm

I agree! Thanks for reading.

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”