Mullberries ripe!

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Mullberries ripe!

Postby RedMist » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:17 am

Found a young tree in my fencerow while checking my crops. Must be from all the rain, but it is flat loaded with berries. We picked the ripe ones, sweeter than Tupelo honey !!

G'ma made me a pie, absolutely fantastic!!

" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
SShooterZ

Re: Mullberries ripe!

Postby SShooterZ » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am

Here's a pic of Barry after eating some of that pie...

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 pm

hater's gonna hate....
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Hogpatrol

Postby Hogpatrol » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:12 am

Us east coasters don't eat those mulberries. Only the birds do. I think they are are different variety here and are sour or inedible.
Looks good though. As far as the Tupelo Honey, I went out with one once. She wasn't too sweet. I think it was the chew. :D

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 pm

I think there are a bunch of different sub-species....not sure, but ours are sweet as can be. G'ma doesn't even have to put much sugar in the mix, they are that good ! Have a bumper crop this year, way ahead on moisture. Put a trail cam up on the tree last week, got some good deer pics and a few closeups of coons climbing the trunk my cameras on , lol.

Oh, btw, just finished off another pie....Redmist getting sleeeepy .

8-)

Ramos

Postby Ramos » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Maybe it's time to make some wine?

WYO

Postby WYO » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Those berries on the bush look GOOD, but that pie looks devine! I just don't want to look like 'you' do if I ever get around any.

larry

Postby larry » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Ramos wrote:Maybe it's time to make some wine?

I like the way you think!
I've got the itch...I just don't have the scratch!

If is supposed to have a sharp edge, and doesn't...get a hold of me.

Ramos

Postby Ramos » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Larry, I don't know anything about making wine. The wife does have everything to get started but, I will leave it to her. I do remember my grandmother bottling two cases of mullberry wine once. She had them in her basement until they exploded. Looked like some kind of massacre took place down there!

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:09 am

Apple trees are loaded this year. I may have to put up a bow stand in my back yard!

Had to trap another coon that had been hitting the pear tree. Got some electric fence up too. Would love to get some footage of a fat coon getting zapped while he's trying to crawl over the wire to get at the pears! They haven't bothered the apples too much though. Won't be long before the deer show up..

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”