Range Day

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Range Day

Postby RedMist » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 pm

Wind finally stopped, had a pretty nice day. Wanted to get my CZ Varmint 22lr sighted in. Swapped scopes on it a few weeks ago.Shot 10 shot groups with a few different brands.
Upper left was scope adjustment and Blazers..

Dynapoint shot pretty good! Didn't have the chrono out, but noticeably more recoil and noise with this round. It's got to be moving pretty good...

Wolf shot very well. The first few rounds after switching brands all hit low....must be a lube issue, after the 3 initial shots, they stacked right in there for the last 7.

CCI SV was a pleasant surprise also!! Shot very good I thought....now if I could just find a case to buy, lol

Shot some Win SuperX that I just found last week, but it didn't care for it much. Will have to do a shoot-off between the Dyna, Wolf MT and CCI SV at 100yds on a calm day and go from there. Was nice to finally feel the sun and squeeze the trigger a few times!
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Re: Range Day

Postby RedMist » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Spotted a rabbit in the grove while I was shooting. Momma has been torqued over her Crocus's being chewed off....nothing gets her hopping like a the first flowers of spring after a long winter, becoming rabbit food! :D She demands I exterminate with extreme prejudice ! So this one got a Dynapoint, worked very well.
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

WYO

Postby WYO » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm always amazed at how many people will put any round in the tube and expect the same results. I hear it on the social media and places that sell ammo all the time 'I'll use this cheap stuff to sight in and save the expensive stuff for hunting', oh my if they only knew. Sure some get lucky but I bet they'd still quit that trend if they'd ever put it on a bench and test it. Nice groups and nice shot on the flower munching machine.

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Those CZ Rimfires are excellent in so many ways. Smooth action, easily adjusted triggers and unbelievable accuracy for a $300 - $400 gun. I have 3 Varmints in .22LR, .17HM2 and .17HMR as well as an American in .22LR.

And that Dynapoint really shoots well for your gun. Must have been a helluva guy who got that in your hands. 8-)

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”