a couple of my cutom knives

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
gmerrell

a couple of my cutom knives

Postby gmerrell » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm a disabled war vet from the first gulf war and this is how I keep from going crazy.
This is my first bowie it's made from W2 tool steel and started out as a 1" round rod. The line in the blade is the temper line below is hard above is softer. Should have made the hard part bigger on this one.

This is a camp or small hunter with a damascus bolster again made of W2 tool steel.

This is a hunter with stag handle made from 52100 ball bearing steel. It started out as a 2" diameter roller bearing.

This was one of a matched pair that I made for the friends of the NRA fund raiser. This one is a "M" pattern damascus with an elk handle, the other one was a plane blade out of 52100. The idea was you could have one as a show piece the other as a using knife. They sold for close to $1000 for the pair all money going to the NRA.

This is the sister to a knife I gave to a neighbors son who is heading to Afghanistan soon, it's D2 tool steel and the only knife hear that is stock removal instead of forged. The knife I made for the soldier had a Micarta handle not cord wrapped like this one.

Anyone wanting to talk knife making please PM me. I also make all of my sheaths
more pic's to come in the future.
thanks
Greg

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
Troy G

Re: a couple of my cutom knives

Postby Troy G » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Nice knives, I really like the Damascus blade.

I have a couple of knives by a Canadian maker Sean O'Hare. He is excellent to work with.

Clint E

Postby Clint E » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 am

Those are some nice blades. Thanks for the picks

RedMist
Expert
Expert

Postby RedMist » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Great knives Greg, thanks for posting those pics! Please post more if you have them.
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

Virginian
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Postby Virginian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 am

Absolutely beautiful knives. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”