Winchester Model 52

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
SShooterZ

Winchester Model 52

Postby SShooterZ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Picked this up a few months ago, or maybe, more like a year ago. Either way, hadn't shot it and finally decided to get is sighted in and see what it would do.

First, the gun. A Winchester Model 52B Sporter. I have one that is the Utah Centennial that shoots awesome so I figured this one would too.
I slapped a Pentax equivalent of the Burris FFII 4.5-14 on it.

Shot a couple of groups with Fiocchi standard ammo, Aguila Golden Eagle, Wolf Match and Lapua Master L.

Here is a 5 shot ground with the Lapua Master L. Note to sell, don't ever tell yourself, "4 in the same hole, don't pull the 5th one..." because as you'll see from this group, I pulled the 5th one. Moron! :cry: (2 at the bottom were sight in shots with the Fiocchi, which it also shot well).

Someone had slapped a target on mine, hence all the holes in the big target, when I gave up the range for some older couple to shoot their pistols. I was 50 yards back and just decided to come back later. I was surprised to see after I gave them the courtesy of the range that they covered up my target. Oh well...

Top Left was Fiocchi Performance Standard Velocity. For the price, it shot very well.
Under that, Aguila Golden Eagle. Not bad, not great. That was 10 shots.
Bottom Left corner, Wolf Match Target. I expected better, but that's why we test them right?
Bottom center, as mentioned above, Lapua Master L. Kept punching the same hole until I flipped on the last shot. Very impressed to say the least. Of course, it's not cheap either. LOL

All in all, happy with the gun and this one looks like a keeper. :)

Advertisement
Whidden Gunworks | Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting
RedMist
Expert
Expert

Re: Winchester Model 52

Postby RedMist » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Very nice! I've never owned a WIn52. Hear great things about them and I can see why. You could do some noggin' thumpin' on some tree rats with that bad boy. I'm gonna try to get out in the next day or two.

Nice to shoot and not have to reload sometimes, huh?
" It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. "

jackson

Re: Winchester Model 52

Postby jackson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:38 am

I also own and love my Winchester reproduction 52. Mine has shot numerous sub 7/8", 5 shot groups at 100 yards on calm days. This rifle likes Remington Eley in the black plastic box and yellow label. Bought 8 50 count boxes from my dealer after trying the stuff out, but never saw the stuff again. Mine is a scope with a rifle mounted to it- 8x32 power with one of the last sets of Bueler scope mounts and the lawyer pin removed from the trigger.

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”