New CA

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
Crazyhorse

New CA

Postby Crazyhorse » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 am

Very excited to be mailing off funds for my first custom blade. Ryan or "trapper" on Saubier has been selling some there and should be getting one of his fine tools. They are not cheap but hoping the investment is worth it. Blade is ATS-34 and drop point design I think he called it. I think he calls them "CA" knives but Ryan seems like a good guy and is located in OK. Anyone else have one made by him?

Matt

K22

Re: New CA

Postby K22 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:01 am

I'm having one made right now by him. Should have it in another month or so. Great guy and really nice knives. Oh, and his are scarey sharp. Well worth the money. Just for info, most custom knives run closer to the $220 to $300 area, so Trappers are a good bargain right now.

Crazyhorse

Postby Crazyhorse » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:18 am

Thats good to know! I am actually considering to have him make a little less blingy version of the mammoth handled one Larry bought as a xmas present from me to me. I am looking fwd to carrying that "useing knife" that caused this thread to get started. If you know the ad on the other site I am talking about it is supposed to be like the one with the turquois colored handle but with "red liners" (whatever that means) and a lanyard hole. :D
Matt

larry

Postby larry » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 am

I have one right now, my second. It is also made of ATS34. You will be impressed with his knives. They are scary sharp, well made, and really good looking. He is a super nice fellow as well.

It is the bottom one in the picture.

Larry
I've got the itch...I just don't have the scratch!

If is supposed to have a sharp edge, and doesn't...get a hold of me.

Clint E

Postby Clint E » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:36 am

Those are nice knifes .I would probably end up cutting my finger off.

trapper2

Postby trapper2 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 pm

matt i think you will like it alot, but if not you can sure send it back and i will ake it right with you

Crazyhorse

Postby Crazyhorse » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm

I am very confident I will enjoy using it for many years...if I can avoid planting it somewhere. I should have a heck of a crop of tool trees on this farm all that I've planted over the years! :lol:

I was wondering if you recieved the payment Ryan..

Matt

Crazyhorse

Postby Crazyhorse » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Arived in the mail today!
I like it,,ergonomics are quite good..feels very nice in the hand. I will have to put some pics up if I get a chance this weekend.
Matt

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”