Hen & Rooster

Forum rules
Please review and follow the forum rules posted in the Welcome to the SCC section at the top of our forum.
Virginian
Global Moderator and Gold Site Supporter

Hen & Rooster

Postby Virginian » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:16 am

Every day carry

Nothing special here, just sharing one of my favorites.

Eric
Show up
Do your best
Don't grumble about the outcome

K22

Re: Hen & Rooster

Postby K22 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Very nice Eric. What steel did they use in that one?

larry

Postby larry » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Nice knife. Is the hen and rooster the model, or the manufacturer? I haven't ever seen one before.

This is what I carry every day...

It is a Buck Rush...440C stainless, IIRC. Holds an edge decent, but nothing like the customs, or the Queen knives! (there is a couple others out there too) It is spring assisted too. Pretty fast!

I will hold off on the customs I recently grabbed, until later :D I don't want to steal any thunder :)

Larry
I've got the itch...I just don't have the scratch!

If is supposed to have a sharp edge, and doesn't...get a hold of me.

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 am

larry wrote:Nice knife. Is the hen and rooster the model, or the manufacturer? I haven't ever seen one before.

This is what I carry every day...

It is a Buck Rush...440C stainless, IIRC. Holds an edge decent, but nothing like the customs, or the Queen knives! (there is a couple others out there too) It is spring assisted too. Pretty fast!

I will hold off on the customs I recently grabbed, until later :D I don't want to steal any thunder :)

Larry

Larry,

Thanks for the kind words. Here's a link to their website. www.henandrooster.com The Hen and Rooster pocket knives were one of the best knives manufactured in Solingen Germany, especially their limited edition knives. The pocket knives had an excellent finish both in the inside and outside with a quality that most of the times can only be compared to handmade custom knives.

Today, Frost continue to produce the Hen & Rooster brand in Toledo, Spain and the limited edition of their traditional style pocket knives are ones of the finest you can find nowadays for the price. Hen & Rooster used to be a very old knife manufacturer in Germany. The Hen and Rooster pocket knives were one of the best knives manufactured in Solingen Germany started in 1865, especially their limited edition knives. The pocket knives had an excellent finish both in the inside and outside with a quality that most of the times can only be compared to handmade custom knives. They had 14 employees from 1865 to 1980.

Today, Frost continue to produce the Hen & Rooster brand in Toledo, Spain (some still made in Germany) and the limited edition of their traditional style pocket knives are ones of the finest you can find nowadays for the price.

That sure is a great every day carry Thanks for posting!

Eric
Show up
Do your best

Virginian

Postby Virginian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

K22 wrote:Very nice Eric. What steel did they use in that one?

Ya know... I really have no idea and nor do they publish their steel quality. I've been using mine for 16 years and it holds an edge nicely. Sorry I can't offer more info here.

Eric
Show up
Do your best

Return to “MISC: Rimfires, Handguns, Knives, Cooking”